1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1974 Fender Precision Bass - All Original w/ OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Bass Clef, Oct 10, 2017.

1. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef is modulating in time. Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Price:
    $2350
    Strings:
    120DFD35-0A5F-47A7-A77D-FD7E23B38BE2.jpeg

1974 Fender Precision Bass w/ OHSC

Really cool, great playing, all original vintage P Bass in original Olympic White finish & maple neck. Lots of cool mojo and nice shape for a bass that’s been around for over 4 decades. Dings and scratches here and there, but very structurally solid. Back of the neck is clean for its age and feels very nice. Pickups are strong and loud and the bass sounds fantastically HUGE! ‘70s growl and thump at the same time! Very comfy “B” neck that plays beautifully with low action across the board. The neck is straight and true, truss rod works good. Frets are original with lots of life left. The original pickguard has the typical crack on the end by the jack, but it’s small and hasn’t broken off like most vintage guards. Nice and light too at 8 lbs. 14 oz.

I believe the bass is 100% original, but the pots are Centralab brand (Fender normally used CTS or Stackpole brand pots in this era). The pots date to ‘73 (and the orange disc capacitor is also correct). I have been told by a couple other vintage guys Fender got a batch of Centralabs during this time. Regardless, everything else checks out.
    • Ser. #: 590XXX (1974)
    • Pickup Codes: 174572 & 184772 (45th & 42nd weeks of 1972)
    • Pot Codes: 1347352 (52nd week of 1973)
    • Neck Stamp: Too smudged to read clearly, but it has the correct “TV” logo on the headstock and correct circled “R” tuners.
    • “Long G” bridge
    No mods, No issues. Comes with the original hard shell case in good condition and Fender logo is intact.

CLICK ON THUMBNAILS BELOW TO ENLARGE

$2350 Shipped (USA)
    Paypal, Bank Wire, & USPS Money orders Accepted.

*I take deposits (message me for details).
    **Since this bass has a maple neck, I have no problem shipping Internationally (message me for details and a quote).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    NYCBass, Rob L, svtb15 and 3 others like this.
  2. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    That's a beauty!

The Bass Clef likes this.
  3. Tim Craig

Tim Craig Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Warning! Warning! Funk alert! Funk alert!

4. Interesting, never heard it called a "Long G" bridge, but my 74 (natural finish Precision) has that long G intonation screw too... yours is a beautiful instrument, great price too...

5. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    I used to own this bass and its a great one. Wish I had the funds to buy it back. Get your Dee Dee on!

The next owner will be a happy one!