1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1974 Fender Telecaster Bass - All Original with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Sep 14, 2010.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I have for sale a vintage '74 Fender Telecaster bass in terrific condition. I picked this up as an impulse purchase, and while it is a cool vintage piece, it is just a little too heavy for my aging body.

It is all original...pickup, pots, etc....and includes the original bridge cover and original Fender tolex case. It has a terrific trans blonde finish and a maple neck. Frets are in good shape and the bass is in overall great shape for its age.

There are two things I want to point out for full disclosure:

1. It is not a lightweight. It weighs right around 11 lbs.
    2. I had it professionally set up and added a new set of D'Addario Chromes. The guy in the shop said the truss rod has reached its limit of adjustment. Because of that, the action is a little high. Also, when the strings were put on they weren't quite long enough for the string through stringing, so the string silk is on the nut. It plays fine for me, but I do want to point that out.

I will also throw in a brand new black pickguard I ordered for it. It has never been installed and it still has the protective plastic on it. The set up guy also said the original pickguard is very brittle and it does have a crack in it.

Price is $1800 shipped to the lower 48. This is quite a bit less than what I paid for it, but I am factoring the truss rod into the price. FWIW the Vintage Guitar Price Guide puts it at $2250 to $2500.

I may consider a trade. I'm open to Sadowsky's, US Laklands, other vintage Fenders, Alembic Exploiter, etc. I have plenty of pics, including many taken by the last owner that shows almost any view of the bass you want. Just let me know if you have any questions. Send me a PM or shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

IMG_1926.gif
    IMG_1925.jpg

2. Where did this come from?

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
  4. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I've had a few inquiries, and I thought I should mention, any trade considerations have to be 4 strings and fretted...and my preference is for a rosewood board. Thanks!!

IMG_1921.gif

5. panzerjp

panzerjp

Dec 28, 2008
    Wow!!!!!...What a Beauty!!!!

6. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Previous owner pic....

telebass10.gif

7. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I've had a few interesting trade offers, but nothing that trips my trigger yet....

8. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Bump....

9. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    I just drooled all over my keyboard.

10. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    This bass is no longer available for sale. Thanks!

11. If you chage your mind i'm interested on this bass.

12. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Sorry....it's long gone.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021