1974 Musicmaster Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Remy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Remy

Remy

Dec 14, 2017
  2. Pocket4

Pocket4 Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Remy, those tuner machines are distinct to the early 70s Musicmaster, and everything else looks typical to me. I would be very surprised if anyone would try to fake a bass of this particular vintage and price point.

3. Remy

Remy

Dec 14, 2017
    Yeah I know, its just that the pickguard and volume pot is the same as the squier reissue but not pickup and bridge doenst fit the squier :/

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I own a '73 and just pulled my file on it. The PG on your looks to be right, even down to the busted screw slot down at the jack. However, the knobs are totally different. Correct ones are black with a white line marker. I'm also not sure about the color black. My information shows standard colors as red, white and blue, but the with the availability of custom colors, so may be it was one of those. :)

5. Remy

Remy

Dec 14, 2017
    Hi Oren,

Thanks for the reply!

After looking at hundreds of photo on the web, ive managed to see a black with a white pichguard and a black one with these pots too.

My guess isbthat there were using leftovers from the other lines, so that might explain the discrepancies!

Oren Hudson likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021