1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1975/76 Univox Stereo Bass-lots o'pics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch. Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Just got this, but just as the story goes, can't afford to keep it.

The good:
    1975/76 Univox Stereo Bass. Appears to be all original and in great shape. No scrathes or bumps on the body that I could find. Both Pickups work and sound great. Frets are in great shape and look like they've hardly been played. Tuners work great. Truss rods (double rods like a Ric) function well. Both jacks work. Has the original HSC with key to lock it. Comes with wide leather strap. Low 9 lbs range. Not very heavy at all.

The Bad:
    The electronics are pretty scratchy and need to have some contact cleaner used on them. They all work, just really scartchy at the moment. There is some seperation at the body wings where the neck comes into the body. I don't think it would take too much to have it reglued or to do it yourself if you're handy and/or skilled at wood working. It still plays well and seems very structurally solid as is.

I just got this bass this past Saturday and haven't had the time to go through and do my typical set up, clean up, etc... It's really really clean for a 35 year old bass though. The only things that really need done are cleaning the pots and reglueing the body joint. I really would like to hold on to it, but could use the cash at the moment and can't really afford to have a sixth bass sitting around when my other 5 are barely getting played as it is. I'm listing it for what I have in it thus far. $550 shipped (lower 48) or best offer.

Basses001.
    Basses003.
    Basses004.
    Basses005.
    Basses006.
    Basses008.
    Basses010.
    Basses009.
    Basses017.
    Basses018.
    Basses015.
    Basses014.
    Basses028.
    Basses021.
    Basses026.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    pm

3. Sweet purple alligator suitcase!

4. A beaut

5. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    ?

6. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    From way in the back....bump

7. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    should I say WTH?

8. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Sound clips?

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I guess I'm not following your line of questioning....

10. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Haha...I've known Jaymi for 8 or 9 years now and ever since we've met, he's been after me to get a Ric. Well of course he was one of the first people I called when I got it. Got some advice on getting the body reglued and doing a setup for me. Like I said, my intention was to keep it, but after discussing finances with my wife (who btw actually bought this for me), she would rather me sell it to cover some other things that have come up (like me being being blind and needing new glasses, etc...) That was news to him, thus the WTH question.

11. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    I can't believe this has not sold.....its too bad its not a bolt on as it cannot be shipped to Canada by any reasonable means.
    BTW...if you are really blind, glasses won't help other than make you look cool.

12. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Haha....not legally blind, but need new glasses to help correct some new problems with my eyes.

13. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    That is one sweet bass.

14. TMBTC

TMBTC

Oct 18, 2009
    Milton,Fl
    I'd be all over that if I didn't already own the same in Fireglow. Univox Rocks.
    Somebody buy this bass!!!

15. Rick is no better then this bass...

16. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    sorry. don't currently have any of the bass and really have the capacity to get any at the moment.

17. lazerbrains

lazerbrains

Nov 30, 2010
    I am interested in this - trying to understand the damage from the photos. Is the neck twisted?

18. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Not really true. Warsaw Joe of The Resistors is "Legally Blind", but can see with Coke-Bottle Lenses, and uses a 72" Flat Screen TV for a computer Monitor so he can "See Better".

Completely Blind is another story. Leave it to Lawyers to screw up even Blindness. :bag:

And Bump for a Great Univox. I had one of these a while back. I took the Univox Truss Rod Cover off, and it was often confused with a "Real Rick". These babies are Great Players. And I can't believe this is Still available at this price!

19. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    No. The neck is straight as an arrow. Just the body wings are slightly separated from the neck through portion.

20. AlembicBob

AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    That was my first "real" bass back in the late 70s. A couple years later when I got my hands on an actual Ric, I preferred the Univox and it wasn't even close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.