Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1975 Fender Fretless P FS/T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Thumper, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I've tried to do some research to see where this should be priced and I couldn't come come up with anything, I'm thinking $850?

This was a gift from my wife, and she finally said I could turn it for something I'd actually use, which means a 5er.

It is estimated as a 75, S/N S747968, black, black pickguard, flawless maple neck (due to nylon flats). The body is in great shape for it's age, and it's light at 8.75 lbs. I don't have the covers or the case.

I'll also look at trade offers, a Reverend 5 would be preferred, but I'll consider others fretted or fretless (for example Stingrays, G&L 2500, etc.).

I don't have any solo pictures, but will do some tomorrow if need be.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    If the serial number is S747968, then it couldn't be a '75. They added the serial numbers to the headstock in '76, and an S7 indicates that the bass is a 1977.

3. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Thanks Bassmonkee, I stand corrected. The shop she got it from said that's what the original owner claimed.

4. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    No trade offers?

5. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I may now have to consider a partial trade for a light P.A. power amp, my vintage Peavey CS 800 finally went down at our GIG Saturday night, I got nearly 30 years out of it though :(

6. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    A Zon has always been on my list of "to try" basses, nothing ever quite worked out though. So yeah, I'm interested. PM me.

7. cadre bassman

cadre bassman

May 15, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Is your bass still available?

8. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Sorry, long gone.