SOLD 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - Nice!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman1979, Jul 28, 2020.

1. bassman1979

bassman1979 Supporting Member

May 30, 2019
    Arkansas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale, a 1975 Fender Jazz Bass in excellent condition and in perfect working order. 100% original, this bass is a classic example of Fender's premier upscale bass model. Punchy and authoritative, this bass has a touch of growl and great top end articulation, and the ash body accentuates the midrange frequencies through the original gray bobbin pickups. The bass has weight commensurate with the year of production at 9lbs 14oz, and the instrument sustains with a richness and power afforded few Jazz Basses. Professionally setup, this '75 J has been dialed in with 45-105 roundwound strings, optimal action, and spot-on intonation.

The maple neck has a medium C shaped profile with a bound maple fretboard that also sports pearl block inlays. The original medium jumbo frets have lots of life, showing only light wear on the crowns beneath the A and D strings on frets 1-6, with virtually no wear further up the fretboard. The truss rod is responsive, the neck is straight, and the bass plays well in all registers with no untoward buzzes or dead spots. The nut has the traditional Jazz Bass 1 1/2" width, and the ambered headstock face has the large script logo associated with the first half of the '70s. The original tuners with clover buttons and Fender-embossed baseplates are also intact. These tuners turn smoothly and hold pitch well, with light uniform surface patina.

On the body, all of the original electronics are present, with both gray bobbin pickups wired to an untouched harness with pots that date to '75. The original hardware includes the stock bridge, "ashtray" chrome bridge and pickup covers, and the original three-ply black pickguard. The natural gloss finish highlights the deep grain of the ash body, with light ambering of the clear coat as well. Cosmetic wear is very limited, with one small ding on the neck profile on the bass side behind fret 6, a few scattered nicks along the body edges, and a few scattered light finish scratches. The bass exhibits zero buckle rash and has no serious wear of any kind. As the photos show, this is a very well-kept Jazz Bass sure to satisfy discerning players and serious collectors alike.

The original hardshell case is included.

Shipping is 75.00 to the lower 48. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

James Edward, xhawk5, teh-slb and 6 others like this.
  2. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Cool bass. Any idea how much it weighs?

3. bassman1979

May 30, 2019
    Arkansas
    9lbs 14oz

4. Robert Darby

Robert Darby Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    I would snag this one but I just got one a couple of weeks ago. Yours look nice and not to heavy either. You are right about the sustain that was one of the things that really impressed me with mine. Again good luck on your sale!

5. Fragile Thunder

Fragile Thunder self-proclaimed Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Central NY
    Someday, someday.

6. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    Three bolt neck?

7. bassman1979

May 30, 2019
    Arkansas
    Yes Sir! 3 Bolt

Lesfunk likes this.
  8. Fender4Me

Fender4Me The Undertaker

I’ll take the bass. P.m. sent!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021