Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1975 Fender Jazz

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by peabody, Nov 28, 2004.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    ***New and Final Price!! - $1500**
    Who needs an RI when you can own the real thing! Because of a severe medical condition (Gear Acquisition Syndrome...I really want a Sadowsky) I have lowered the price of this fantastic bass to a ridiculously low price. I have for sale an all original 1975 Fender Jazz, natural finish with a tort pickguard, block inlays on a maple neck. The original white pickguard is included. The finish is original and typical for a 30 year old bass...some dings and plenty of finish checking. Plays and sounds great...vintage Jazz sound. The neck is straight and a nice low action, although the block inlay on the first fret has a crack. It is a medium weight, 9lbs 10 ozs. The serial number is 628XXX, which my research shows as assembled in '75, but the neck and pots are dated 1974. It has a 4 bolt neck and has to be one of the last 4 bolts assembled before Fender went to the 3 bolt style. The ashtrays are included. There is a scrape at the bottom of the bass that is through the finish. This does not affect the playability of the bass, it is cosmetic only. The case is original and in awesome shape....black tolex, all the latches work and the Fender logo is intact. I'm willing to let it go for $1500 + shipping. I'm not interested in any trades at this point. You can e-mail me at peabody59@hotmail.com for inquiries or to request pics. I will post pics of the bass tomorrow. Thanks!!

2. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Here are the pics I promised. This is your opportunity to own one of the classic vintage Fender basses. While the RI's are nice basses, you can own one of the originals...and this one has the more popular 4 bolt neck. Don't wait too long....

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I just got a line on a Sadowsky, so I'm reducing the price of this vintage bass to a ridiculously low price of $1500 (plus shipping). Don't wait too long....

4. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    bump

5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    is this still available?

6. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Sorry. Long gone. It's been so long, I forgot to delete the thread. I got my new Sadowsky about a month ago and life is good. Good luck in your search....