1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1975 Fender Musicmaster Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by andertone, Nov 2, 2018.

1. andertone

andertone Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Southwest USA
    Price:
    $695
    Strings:
    For sale: 1975 Fender Musicmaster bass (serial no. 637164). Neck is straight (short scale) and action is great, original tuners, frets have some wear but many years left in them. Weight is 7.4 lbs. Of note is the excellent wood grain on the neck, perfect grain like my Sadowsky all the way up to the tuners, wood selection was excellent for this bass. One small ding on the back of the nut, and a few dings/scrapes on the front, side, and back which are well documented. Finish is original, as is bridge which is fully functional. Will include a functional but very used “students” hard shell short scale case

Original pickup was replaced by a Lace Sensor Red (great upgrade) and wiring harness replaced with Stew Mac kit (CTS high quality pots and a 0.47 mf capacitor) which is a great upgrade. I never like the dual capacitor Fender solution to try to get more bass out of a Strat pickup in a bass.

Will include original pickup, you can rewire it for cheap and get an original harness on eBay and you have a totally stock 1975 bass and can sell it as a collectors item. They love these in Japan. If you decide you want to experiment with another pickup, get a new pick guard and put a boutique in there, sell the Lace Sensor and you aren’t out that much cash.

This is a dead ringer for Tina Weymouth’s Musicmaster bass she played with Talking Heads. Have many jpgs, send me your email address and I’ll get them to you

$695 plus shipping, I could get much more on eBay but want to offer it here, check Reverb.com or eBay and you will see this is a very fair price, especially considering the condition

Attached Files:

mikewalker and Ken Lloyd like this.
  2. dannylectro

dannylectro Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Pm’d