Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1975 Fender P-Bass value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hizzoner, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Hizzoner

Hizzoner Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    I am considering selling my 1975 Fender P-Bass. All original electronics and knobs, which work great. It is black with a mirror pickguard(not original) Maple neck, "F" on the metal plate. Original pickguard and pickup cover are gone, original case is with it. The bass may need a set-up but it is a player....Any ideas what A fair market value would be for it??????It is in very good condition. Anyone interested in it??????

Thanks

M. Barry

2. I sold my 1975 Fender P on ebay within the past year. The finish was extrmely worn and relic'd, moreso than many 60s Fenders you'll see, however, the neck was in great condition and was a great player. Maple neck/fretboard, all original in every way except for one tuning mechanism (which was replaced long ago, as it was worn and appeared the same age as the other 3), and missing the covers for the pickup and bridge...original, extremely worn case.

I offered it for sale worldwide. I started bidding at $700 or so, and the Buy It Now option was set at $900...and it sold for $1200. Yep...someone tried to lowball by by-passing the Buy It Now, and a bidding war ensued. Just goes to show how greedy some folks are - but I'm certainly not complaining :D

3. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    There have been a some mid to late 70s P basses for sale here in Ottawa. They have been priced in the $1,500+ CDN range, depending on how original they are. $1,500 CDN is about $1,200 US so bassment zombie's selling price is about right.