1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1975 Rickenbacker 4001 Geddy Lee

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 2112, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    1975 Rickenbacker 4001 Jetglo (#OA***) modded w/BadAss II Bridge with standard Rick case.

Both the bass and case are in excellent condition.

The bass is the same model and finish as used by Geddy Lee on the early Rush stuff and occasionally on other albums and singles. Bass has light polishing scratches, light fret wear, light corrosion on the tuning pegs and other metal, and some small chips in the finish, mostly at top of the headstock. There is some minor, shallow buckle rash on the back. The original bridge has been replaced with a BadAss (just like Ged's), and the binding has aged gracefully into a nice creamy color.

This a great-looking, tone monster, classic vintage bass. You will not be disappointed.

The interior of the case is blue with an accessory pocket and free of bad odors (unless you consider "that vintage bass smell" bad). The exterior has normal wear and some minor scratches in the tolex.

$1,500 firm, no trades. Price includes FedEx shipment to CONUS only. PayPal only.

PM or email to three2112@hotmail.com.

3401021416_41884d94fa_o.

3401021342_6edbb96b22_o.

3400215041_c82e423c7f_o.

3400222787_d72b16ef5a_o.

Thanks! :hyper:

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    nice Ric.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Good luck, very nice Ric. Hope you have no regrets, later.

4. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks. :) It's just hard for me justify keeping it around since I really don't play it much anymore... much better to let someone else have an opportunity to enjoy it.

:bassist:

5. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Do you ship to Canada? Im having some wicked gas for this!:mad: But I don't start work for another 5 months to afford it.:crying:

6. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    Sorry for the delay in response... apparently I'm not getting e-mails with responses to my subscribed threads anymore... Anyhow...

I'm a CONUS-only shipper because I don't like the hassle of fooling with all the customs paperwork and then listening to buyers complain about the duty fees. But I will ship this bass to Canada if the buyer pays all shipping + insurance charges, duty fees, so on and so forth.

I only deal with FedEx. I'm not familiar with the processes for shipping internationally with UPS/USPS, and I'm not real interested in learning. If you have a UPS account number and want to make up the shipping label and customs paperwork and email it to me, I will ship UPS then. But let me know beforehand so we can discuss the information you'll need (dimensions, value, etc.) to put it all together.

PM me your post code and I can find out what FedEx will want to charge. Don't worry, I'm not into inflating shipping charges.

5 months? Considering this bass hasn't moved over 2 years, you prolly don't have much to worry about (except the wait)! :cool:

Thanks for your interest! :)

7. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    bump

8. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Hey, you still selling this thing? Sent an email to ya about a week ago IIRC.

9. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi,. Gin... Yup still selling it. Sorry I missed your e-mail... looks like it got lost it got caught by the spam filter. But I found it after I dug around in there for a few minutes. :)

Hope all is well. :)

10. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Awesome! :hyper:

11. Hey, really nice bass. I sent you a PM and an email. Hopefully you are still selling. :)

12. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    Weight?

13. A Ricken Bump for a terrific Bass! :bassist: