Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1976 "A" neck P-bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by 73jbass, Apr 22, 2005.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I just got this one a couple of days ago,and as good as it looks and plays, the P-bass tone isn't for me. Sunburst,maple board,and everything is original, as far as I can tell.The neck is the super "A" neck that has the 1.5" width of the jazz bass,but seems to be a bit thicker at the nut than a typical jazz.The only bad spots are 2 small places on the fretboard under the G string where it looks like the clearcoat chipped.The rest of the bass looks almost mint.I seriously doubt you'll find a cleaner 29 year old P-bass.Has both the pickup and bridge cover,and the original factory hard case.And the weight ain't bad either.From what I could find out, these typically go for around 1500.00 inthis condition.I'm asking 1250.00. I'd really like to trade it for a nice 34" scale 6 string like a Warwick Corrvette Proline 6,Tobias,or similar basses. I'm open to just about anything really, throw a trade at me,you never know what I'm in the mood for. Please email me for any more info.

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
  3. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Not looking for any more Fenders right now. Thanks the same.