1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1976 Fender Jazz Bass-Sunburst,TV Logo, Clean and not a back breaker

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by narud, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    so i would totally keep this but its just too light for me. its an early 76 with the pot codes dated 7th week of 76. it weighs in at 10 pounds even on the bathroom scale. my sweetspot is 11.5 pounds. this is the cleanest one ive owned. the last two reissues ive owned werent in this shape. strong color in the 3 tone burst with only a couple of dings. the neck hasnt ambered and the neck is smooth and ding free. the frets look like theyve never had any work done as they have full height which is rare to find on these. theyre usually pretty low. most importantly the neck is straight as an arrow. the truss rod works perfectly and hasnt bulged through the first fret or caused any cracking. no flips or heel rises either. just an all around great piece.

there are a couple of replacement parts. the pickguard is a reissue, the neck pickup cover is an old one from my parts bin (the bridge cover is original). the bullet nut was replaced with a new one. the neck pickup is rewound by seymour duncan. my 62 jazz has had its neck pickup rewound by the mj at the duncan custom shop as well as the pickups from my 74 jazz. in my experience they re-wind to sound just like the stock pickup. they always come back to me sounding 100% correct.

comes with non-original tolex hard shell case.
    2300 shipped OR
    2000 shipped
    with a set of early 80's fender jazz pickups that were used in the fullerton reissues/white pickup cover jazzes. these dont sound any different than a set of gray bottoms but are considerably more affordable. if you search my posts in the pickups forum, i hoard j bass pickups almost more than i hoard 70's jazz basses. i use a set of these in my 74 jazz

and a set in my 76 jazz thats routed for a preamp

IMG_0330_zps0a2a4481.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2009
    RVA
    BAAA UUUUU TIIIEEEEEEE Bump

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    man if this thing was my weight range this would be going no where. all my other 70's jazzes are natural and in various states of unoriginality.

4. akane3

akane3

Dec 20, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    is it too light weight for you? I have a 78 Fender Jazz, pretty much the exact same thing as this (sunburst, maple neck, great condition). Its 11lb and 5 ounces Would you be willing to swap?

5. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    interesting stuff so far. im not really looking for trades, but i do have a weakness for old fenders (j's or p's)so pm me with anything like that. 60's refins, boat anchor 70's basses. i love stripped,modded etc old fenders because i play them, not collect them. MAYBE something like an R bass. cash is king though!

6. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    just picked up a 78 just like this... minus the tv logo and mine has strat knobs (for now)... NICE

7. louiedi

louiedi Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Connecticut
    Great bass! GLWTS... but what does "TV logo" mean?

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    thanks! it refers to the large script fender logo.

9. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    Nice bass sir.

10. GSNOLA

GSNOLA Opinionated but approachable 4-string Scotsman. Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    This is lovely. Really gorgeous.
    If you had a penchant for the best condition pre-EB Stingray you've ever seen......:)
    Shucks.
    GAS is tough.

11. That thing is IMMACULATE. Holy mackerel....

12. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Hot bass

13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ive had a ton of interest in this bass. lots of trying to raise the cash/trades/partial trades/price negotiation etc so im offering a lower priced option as well. see original post for details. and if youre interested, pm me. im open. its gotten close with a a few different tb'rs but just couldnt make it happen.

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    havent heard back so still available bump!

15. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Wow...that's a great specimen.

16. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    you out there ironbass?

17. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california