1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD 1976 Fender Precision "A" Neck Mocha Finish - All Original

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Maxcat17, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Maxcat17

Maxcat17

Sep 13, 2007
    CA, USA
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball, Zon Guitars, Fodera, Godin guitars
    Price:
    $2500
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my 1976 Fender P w/"A" style jazz width nut. All original from the Mocha finish to the screws. The ashtray covers are also original and included, though not on the bass at the moment...I take them off immediately because they get in my way.

This thing is the bomb! The frets have lots of life, it plays buzz free with low action, and the neck is straight and true. It comes in at 8.5lbs on the bathroom scale which makes it a pleasure to gig with. This has been a working bass...I am the third owner, all working musicians. There is plenty of wear on the finish, which you either love or hate. Personally, I don't like to play a Fender bass that looks new...it feels odd to me lol. I guess I'm just too big of a Jaco fan ;) The original HSC is included. It's seen a lot of gigs and has the wear to show for it, but it is fully functional. Again, personally speaking, the minute I get a vintage Fender the original case goes into the closet and the bass goes into a Mono or Reunion Blues bag for traveling. There's nothing worse than having to lug a Fender hard case around the airport!!! But I digress...

I've included pictures and video for you to check-out. It really is one of the good ones, and my hope is that it will go to someone that will love it and play it. I'm selling it because I'm not a collector, and I have two of these. It's not getting played so of course I want to sell it to fund another instrument (a Takamine TB-10, which is the only trade I would consider). Thanks for looking, and feel free to message me with any questions you might have. $2500/shipped ConUs

IMG_2628.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2630.JPG IMG_2631.JPG 55269889726__A02C7A72-83E8-4F50-8794-EC4E6C7DD054.JPG 55269892147__02F4B643-E24C-428A-8A78-4B61214302D4.JPG IMG_2637.JPG IMG_2632.JPG IMG_2634.JPG IMG_2635.JPG IMG_2636.JPG IMG_2645.JPG

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Tooned, JMacBass65, kobass and 11 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    drooldrool

Maxcat17 likes this.
  3. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Awesome demo. This is IMO the cream of the crop of the post Leo basses. My favorite finish of that period too. I wish I wasn't broke from just buying a new home. Whoever buys this is getting a great bass.

GLWTS

JMacBass65 and Maxcat17 like this.
  4. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    This has been my dream P-Bass ever since I saw a photo of Paul Jackson playing this on the liner notes to Herbie Hancock's Flood and the Headhunters' Survival of the Fittest Albums. Cool bass.

Maxcat17 likes this.
  5. Maxcat17

Maxcat17

Sep 13, 2007
    CA, USA
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball, Zon Guitars, Fodera, Godin guitars
    If you're interested message me...I'd certainly rather not ship it if I don't have to, and would adjust the price accordingly. I'm sincere when I say I would like to see it find a home where it is truly appreciated. I know the picture you're talking about btw, or at least one of them...I loooooove Paul Jackson. This picture is almost enough to make me not want to sell it, and if I didn't have another one that I love as much I wouldn't even be doing it. *Sigh*...the decisions we have to make lol.
    PJ PB.jpg

6. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    That’s the one! Trust me if I had the funds I would consider this.

Maxcat17 likes this.
  7. FCBASSMAN

FCBASSMAN Guest

Apr 25, 2011
    Hi I have a 1973 A neck P I just love.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021