1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1976 Fender Precision, now $1850

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mooseonbass, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooseonbass

mooseonbass Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    This bass is not in new shape but not bad either. The finish is "blonde," which is essentially olympic white that is thin enough to show the grain. There are stains under the finish, possibly from sap seeping out of the end grain. The strap buttons have been replaced with straplocks and the nut was replaced (a little rough on the sides but the string grooves are good). The pickups and electronics are original, the pick-gaurd was replaced in the 70's with a fender replacement. The bridge and all covers are original. The neck is original and in great shape. The bass weighs in at 10.4 pounds. The case is in pretty good shape and I have the key.

According to the Fender website, this serial number means that it is a 1976, made in Fullerton CA. The serial number on the neck plate means that it was made in the first half of 1976 since they switched to serial numbers on the headstock in July of that year. There are no date stamps on the neck or in the neck pocket, but this was standard practice when these were made (again, according to Fender). I put this bass on layaway at Lomakin Music in Pittsburgh, in May of 1976 and picked it up July 3rd 1976.

I would prefer to sell to someone in the Boston area so you can be thoroughly satisfied but would be glad to ship it for the actual cost of shipping. If purchased soon, I can deliver anywhere between Boston and NYC Prefer Paypal.
    Pictures can be found at”

http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/mooseonbass/

P1000174.

2. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    make me an offer (please keep it real, this isn't a toy)

3. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    So make me an offer.

4. gnergaard

gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    I couldn't get that link to photobucket to work...

5. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    Thanks! I never realized. Maybe that explains the crickets that I hear. I'll post pictures and a repaired link today.

6. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
  7. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    wish I could snag this...I'm in boston but have no money. Good luck!

8. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    I work right near Brockton and could deliver it. Oh well... maybe something will come through.

9. P1000175.
    P1000174.
    P1000186.
    P1000184.

10. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    Thanks for posting pictures from the photobucket file. There are more pics there.

11. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    I leave in a week for NYC, after that the offer to deliver disappears.

12. mooseonbass

Jun 24, 2011
    Boston
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.