1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1976 Greco PB-750 -- Fujigen vintage bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Super Iridium, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Super Iridium

Super Iridium Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2013
    For sale is this 1976 Greco PB-750 in excellent condition, made in the famed Fujigen factory in Japan. (The Matsumoku Greco's say "Matsumoku" on the serial number plate. This one comes from the other factory operating at the time, Fujigen.)

The bass is 100% original and unmolested -- all hardware, electronics, pickups, wiring, neck, bridge, tuners etc. are the originals. The finish is in spectacular shape, although there are 4 small nicks (shown in photos below) along the bottom edge of the body. There is also some slight checking along the top edge of the headstock and one small fingernail dent in the finish along the back of the neck.

Bass will be shipped WITH THE NECK DETACHED, as I do not want to see this beauty get damaged in transit. There is no case or bag included. Price is $550 including shipping CONUS; for other locations, tell me where you are, and I will calculate the added cost of shipping.

Thanks for looking!

LAST CHANCE Price Marked Down To $390 including shipping CONUS

Attached Files:

2. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    More photos

Attached Files:

3. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Still more photos

Attached Files:

4. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Even more photos

Attached Files:

5. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Photos galore

Attached Files:

6. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Photos, lots of them

Attached Files:

7. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Wanted to show you the whole thing

Attached Files:

8. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    almost done now

Attached Files:

9. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

10. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    I had some questions last night about the neck dimensions, so here's some more information:

Width at nut = 1.66"
    Width at 12th fret = 2.25"

Thickness of neck at 1st fret, measured with the calipers OVER the strings = .98"

I've also attached some photos of the back of the neck for you to see the profile. The neck strikes me as neither "slim" nor "chunky" but right in between, although that's just my judgment, of course.

Finally, to answer one other question that was raised -- YES, the neck pickups on the bass are RED. They are not aftermarket. The guitar was sold that way, and they do look pretty cool with the cherry-burst stain pattern on the wood.

Attached Files:

11. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Bump and mark down to $500. If no takers, then off to eBay (at a higher price). Thanks for looking.

12. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    I offered this on eBay for bidding, but the winner is now giving me a hard time about payment!! Anyway, the winning bid was $335 plus $55 for shipping. If anyone is interested in purchasing it for the same price -- $390 including shipping -- please let me know. Thanks.

13. Super Iridium

Jan 21, 2013
    Bass is sold, thanks for looking!

14. dafonky

dafonky

Dec 12, 2010
    Europe
    Hi

It's a long time ago I know ...do you remember the weight of the bass? Was is an ash or an alder body?
    I am looking for a bass like this Greco PB 750

Thanks a lot

15. lastyear

lastyear

Jan 13, 2012
    PA
    Hi, I am sorry I dont remember the weight or what type of wood the body was. It was on the heavy side, but nothing unbearable, maybe 10lbs if I had to guess. It had a great tone though, its jazz pickup had its own tone, and the P was really really fat because it was more towards the neck. Amazing basses for the money, I had trouble selling it, I know that, but finally it sold locally.

16. dafonky

dafonky

Dec 12, 2010
    Europe
    Thanks, so it is really on the heavier side.....I keep looking out for one :)