1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1976 Rickenbacker 4000 @ Guitar Center San Jose $1799

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ChrisCassisi, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Went in there to see my old coworkers and saw they just brought in a 1976 Rickenbacker 4000 in red. It has a few bumps and bruises but is in really good condition. It has not reached its security clearance yet but you can still buy it and its put in the back until the day you can take it home. As soon as it reaches its 30 day clearance it will be posted on the website and will be gone quick.

If anyone from here decides to grab it make sure to call (408) 249-0455 or go in there in person and ask for Scott in guitars. He is a buddy of mine and is a real standup guy. If you see this post and buy it from Scott tell him Chris sent you.

This is an awesome bass. I would get it myself but due to it only having one pickup I am not really interested. Don't have the heart to buy it then route it. Too beautiful and its a cardinal sin in my book to permanently mod a Ric. Much rather have a 4001. At the price its marked at is a steal. Scott told me his superior said he should have marked it higher but being the honest dude Scott is he marked it at the proper payed for and asking price ratio.

Thanks everyone. I hope to hear of a TBer grabbing this beauty real soon.

-Chris