1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1977 Gibson Grabber Black/Maple w OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by redstrand, Apr 29, 2015.

1. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    This needs to go to a good home. It's sat in a case since I got my Jack Casady. The neck is sublime, super smooth and easy to play. I tried to take as many pics as I could.
    The body sustained water damage a couple of decades ago. the bad is it looks ugly, the good, the bass dried out and in turn rings like a bell. nothing like super dry wood to help with tone. The pots and jack were replaced (CTS and witchcraft)when I bought it. The old ones were original and failed after testing them a couple of times. The frets have a ton of life left in them. I put Labella string thru Deep Talkin Flats from BSO....serious thumpage.

Asking $675 plus shipping to the lower 48 only. Paypal is fine.
    Trade? hmmmm... Orange bass head. markbass bass head, vox ac 4 or ac15, orange 35rt...plus cash on your end. Throw anything my way I'm always open to new ideas :D

IMG_5989.

IMG_5988.

IMG_5990.

IMG_5991.

IMG_5992.

IMG_5993.

IMG_5994.

IMG_5995.

IMG_5996.

IMG_5999.

IMG_6001.

IMG_6002.

IMG_6003.

2. Red Four

Red Four

Apr 4, 2011
    Missouri
    Ugly, nothing - That looks great! Love the look of the black, maple & light-colored dot markers. Great-sounding basses. GLWTS!

3. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I've always loved the rough and tumble look...part of the reason I bought it.

4. I've got Crazy configured bass, j+p+mm, or a Mark bass amp I could throw at this thing. PM me if interested at all

5. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Back on, TTT!

6. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    SOLD!