Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1977 KRAMER 650B BASS ALUMINUM NECK

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mgauction, Jun 21, 2004.

1. mgauction

mgauction

May 31, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    In 1977 this was the top of the line Kramer bass (Artists series). Unlike the abundant 450B of the same 70s era, which can be found in guitar shops, all over the internet for sale, or on ebay, this is the scarcest of the early Kramer basses! The only other one I’ve ever seen is owned by renowned English session bassist, Mo Foster. Serial #80407. Four string fretted bass. Aluminum bolt-on neck with original Schaller turners. Forked aluminum headstock. The front border of the body sports a German rim route. These bodies were differently shaped from the secondary 450B’s as to make the cutaways more equal. The body is comprised of a thick bird's eye maple center sandwiched by fancy walnut wings. Nine pearl crown inlays. Three-way switch, (2) volume and (2) tone knobs. Four saddle bridge. The neck sports a “zero” fret to help eliminate intonation problems in the open position. The wood inserts in the rear of the neck lowers the overall weight of the guitar, give it better balance, and give it the “feel” of a traditional wood neck guitar. The fret board is made of “Ebonol”, a patented bowling ball material that was guaranteed not to chip, crack, warp, or have any of the other problems associated with standard wood necks. Chrome-covered pickups with “Kramer” etched on the cover with walnut surrounds. The original Kramer pick-ups & pots have been replaced by two pickups from my old 450B of the same year - the same type pickups. Very slight normal wear that is barely noticeable and I confidently rate the condition as EX+. Comes with original gold Kramer logo-stenciled hard-shell case. Weight – 11 lbs. Buyer pays $30 shipping in the USA. Email for photos. $750

2. mgauction

mgauction

May 31, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Sorry, no longer available.