1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1978 and 1979 BC Rich Eagles.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 73jbass, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Here you go,a pair of rare birds! A Koa 78 and Maple 79 BC Rich Eagle. The Koa bass just had the original pups put back in,and a fret level.The nut was cut for .110 gauge string set. The maple one was refretted, 2 inlays replaced,and had a new nut cut. Electronics on both basses are fully functional,and both basses are a comfortable weight. The heaviest being the maple one at about 10 lbs.Both have some player wear,and dings,but nothing I would consider major on a 30 plus year old bass.And both have a few spots where the clearcoat is bubbling up a bit. Both are great players,but I recently discovered I can get a sound closer to what I need with a Sterling HH,so I'm letting these go to get a pair of Sterlings. I've seen these go for 2300.00 at guitar shops and Evilbay. I'll take 1700.00 shipped for each one to the lower 48 states only. Will be shipped in factory hard case. No trades at this time.

2. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    Nice looking pair! I had one of the early ones made of mahogany,with rectangular pickups,for years. These are really great instruments. I bet the maple one will cop a Ric tone pretty well.

3. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Just an update. I only have one hardcase,so whichever bass sells first will get that case. The other will ship in a good quality gig bag.

4. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    This weekend only,either bass for 1500.00 shipped. :hyper:

5. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Do you have more descriptive pic that you can post? Also, any issues we should know about?

6. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    The desciption in the first post is accurate. I'll get some detailed pics for serious parties only.

7. Lorne

Lorne

Nov 21, 2005
    Devon U.K.
    Pretty good price for them, shame Eagles don't like me

Do I have the serial numbers of these 2?

8. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    The maple one is killer...used to be mine...GLWTS

9. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    The serial numbers start with 80 and 81,so,using their 2 year figure for serial numbers,that puts these at 78 and 79.

10. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    No takers for the price reduction. Too bad.

11. Lorne

Lorne

Nov 21, 2005
    Devon U.K.
    Correct

If you could, please PM the serial numbers to me, so I can check that they are on the Unofficial B.C.Rich Serial number Archive, I have nearly 4000 USA Neck thru's on file:)

12. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    PM sent. These basses are real handmade USA basses. Not NJ's or anything else. I might just keep these. Kind of hard to replace.

13. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Thought I'd revive the thread after a week. Price reduction to 1300.00 for either bass shipped to the USA only. No overseas transactions.

14. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Still available.

15. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Still here.

16. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Price drop to 1100.00 each until Friday.

17. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Decided to keep them. At that price I'd be giving them away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.