1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1978 Fender Jazz Bass, Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tondogg162, Feb 5, 2016.

1. tondogg162

tondogg162

Aug 23, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey TB'ers, I'm listing my 1978 Fender Jazz for sale/trade. I had the frets removed, filled with wood glue, and had the fretboard lacquered with marine epoxy. As you can see in the pictures, the wood glue is slightly lighter in color than the ebony fretboard so you can still clearly see the fret lines. This thing NAILS the Jaco tone perfectly. All hardware and electronics seem to be original. The guy I purchased the bass from had the original paint removed but never refinished it. I thought about getting it painted but like the way the natural ash woodgrain looks. Because this bass is somewhat of a rare bird, I'm not really sure how to price it but it is, by far, the lowest priced 1978 Jazz on TB. I'm also open to trades for other basses; nothing in particular at this point. Trades can be +/- cash. Weight is fairly typical of a vintage jazz bass at ~10lbs. Has just been professionally set up. Will ship in the nice hard shell case seen in the first picture. As you can see, some of the pictures were taken before the frets were removed. I will be updating the thread periodically and adding new pictures so please check back often! To keep the thread clean, please PM me with any questions or offers. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Pretty cool.

3. tondogg162

tondogg162

Aug 23, 2012
    Hey thanks. It's definitely unique. I know it's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, especially vintage Fender purists but it sure does sound good. MWAHHHHH for days!