Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1978 Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Marc H., Apr 26, 2005.

1. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    1978 Fender jazz bass with a suburst refin on the body. All hardware and electronics are original. Neck has been played and has various dings and scratches, but still plays well. This is a heavy bass, between 10.5 and 11 pounds.

Pictures can be seen at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/march...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos. Just click on the 1978 Jazz Bass folder. Some of the pictures show the bass with a J-Retro, but the J-Retro is not included in the sale. The bass will come with both the black (original) and white pickguards. Non original hardshell case included.

If you can't view the pics, email me and I will send them to you.

$1100 gets this bass shipped to your door in the continental United States. Open to possible trades for four string basses, have to get some cash out of the deal, though.

2. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
  3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    What are you looking for? I have a sweet 1983 Fender Pbass elite I might trade?

4. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Looking for something non-jazz bass like as I have that area covered...

Tell me more about the p-bass elite. You can email me at marchelberg@yahoo.com

5. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
  6. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    What kind of condition are the frets in?

7. Marc H.

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Frets have wear on them, but have some life left. I'd suspect that if you used this bass as your main bass (gigging regularly) for another year or so, you might need a fret job...

Though the action is pretty low with no buzzing...