Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1978 Fender P bass -- $825 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dr. PhunkyPants, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Found a bass I like. Need to thin the herd.

Vintage 1978 Fender Precision bass. Satin natural ash body (orig. black, see neck pocket). Maple neck with original tuners and 1978 serial number on the headstock. Lots of finish-edge wear from years of use, some fret wear but plenty of life left and could be touched up by a routine fret dressing. Brass nut, original neckplate.

Bass has had a complete 'vintage electronics' refit. Fully shielded with copper, brass CTS solid shaft pots, Mallory .1uf capacitor, and Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Vintage P Bass pickup. Electronics are dead silent at even high volume and sound GREAT. Fender mint green guard and chrome Fender barrel knobs.

PRICE DROP $825 shipped to lower 48. Questions welcome. Thanks for looking. Item includes a hardshell case suitable for shipping. Pics:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kayeb...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

2. You have a pm

3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I do? I don't see anything from you....

If this is about a trade for the lightwave, thanks but no thanks!

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Okay, it's me again! PM sent. :D

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    And OFF she goes--across the Pond!

This is the third bass I've sold to Europe on TB....and all three have been among the most pleasant transactions I've had, ever!

6. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Cool, great encouragement to other TB selleres... ;)

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Whoopee! Really looking forward to getting this one. :D That's the cure for my P gas all sorted. Great stuff... "thank you, Doctor".