1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1978 Fender P with lots of work done.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tb420, May 6, 2010.

1. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    What's a fair price for a 78 P in Walnut. EMG pickups and some routing done for a rear battery and side input jack. All else is original. Comes with non-ohsc.

2. Well you can get all original nice looking 78's for under 1500$ easy, since its routed i would not pay over 800$. Its probably worth more then that and i believe walnut is rarer

3. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    if its a real 78 you better make positive cause its worth some big $$$$

4. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    Same mods as the 78. I agree w/ AStep's estimate. Finish color and HSC is going to impact the value too.

5. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    The guy runs a guitar store and has 100% feedback on ebay and assures me it is what he says it is. $575 is the price. I'm going for it.

Maple fretboard btw.
    And an old Badass Bridge.

6. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    $575 is a good price!

7. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    Trigger pulled.

Can't wait :hyper:

8. 575$ is a fantastic price if the neck is in good shape with good frets and orginal tuners you could sell the neck alone for about that price, i am jealous haha

Nice score, be sure to get some pics up:)