Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1978 Fender Precision Bass - $650 shipped!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by extreme, Dec 10, 2003.

1. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    This bass is a great player with a dead-straight neck and it doesn'look like the truss nut has hardly ever been moved.

This bass is definitely a "player" as a jazz pickup has been added in the bridge and there's a battery route on the backside. The bass is running totally passive, so there's no battery in use currently. The pickups are both wired to the same volume pot, so you still get the simple and effective 1 volume knob & 1 tone knob.

A D-tuner has been added on the E-string and the other 3 tuners are original. The neck and body finish are original. The bass will ship in a hardshell case. I'm not a photographer, so I apologize for the pics not being perfect, but you should get the idea. Thanks!

...and, no, I'm not interested in any trades at this time.

2. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Also, I just strung this bass with brand new Rotosound nickel strings yesterday...it's ready to go!

3. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Feel free to make a reasonable offer!

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you still have it in a few months, I'll take it off your hands. I love vintage P's and I would love to have that. Shame Christmas is here, bills are stacking up!

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Is the P pickup still stock?

6. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I don't think so...it's got large pole pieces like a quarter pounder, but I'm really not sure what brand it is. The 2 halves of the pickup match, but have different covers on them. The pickup sounds really loud and punchy.