Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1978 Fender Precision Bass in excellent shape for sale!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by starbunk, Aug 20, 2003.

1. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    I have an excellent 1978 Fender Precision bass for sale. It has no major body scratches, dents, or marks. The tuners are solid and hold perfectly. The neck is great and has some slight finish wear near the first to third fret on the bottom side (hand-rash). This is finish only and does not effect the wood. It is 100% original as far as I can tell although I replaced the jack last year. The serial number is #S-869338. The bass also comes with a molded Fender case which is similar to the hard SKB cases. The case costs about $80 alone.

I will sell this bass for $800 + $20 Fedex shipping. You will have to use a money order or bank check and live in the USA. If you want to use Paypal, you'll have to add 3%($25) to the total because that's what they'll charge me to recive your payment.

I will attach a picture below. Email me with any questions at dereklorin@verizon.net

2. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    bump

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ooh, so tempted, yet soo poor. :(

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome to TalkBass! Nice P I love ash+maple.
    [​IMG]

How long have you had it?
    What's the weight?
    Why ya ditching it?

You might want to fill in some of your profile... sowe can read a little about where you come from as a musician.

5. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    I've head it for several years. A aquaintance of mine bought it brand new 25 years ago. I am wanting to buy a high-end digital camera for photo work. I am also selling it due to the 6 rear-end wrecks I experienced in 1 year. The bass is too heavy for me to hold for hours because of the injuries.

I'll need to get a lighter, graphite bass one day.

I really need to sell it so someone talk to me! :

6. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    bump again

7. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    ok...since there was no bite...

$750

8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    did this bass happen to be in the car or more particularly, the trunk during any of these rear-enders?

how is the fret-wear?
    what kind of strings has it been set-up with?

9. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    Nope, never in a car wreck...my bass fared better than I did

The wear on the neck is on the 3 frets closest to the head...looking very closely, it appears that the finish has worn and a few small chips have come off the face of the neck. I've never paid much attention to it because this was a "player bass" to me.

I'll try to attach a photo but it's not of very good quality. The flash made a light area between the E and A string. It is not the wear! The worn spot is on the edge past the G string and edge before the E string.

I've used D'addarios

starbunk

10. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    bump

11. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    bump

12. starbunk

starbunk

Aug 20, 2003
    Ok, the price is now $700 + $25 shipping. It's not going lower so if you're thinking of "waiting it out"...don't bother.

starbunk

13. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Perhaps you might have more people interested if you filled out your profile. You have only logged 10 posts and you're not telling anyone anything about yourself. Maybe people are wary of doing business with a ghost....;)

14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    That's what I was thinking....

Oh BTW, Welcome to Talkbass!