Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1978 Fender Precision - Black/Black/Maple

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tplyons, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For sale is my 1978 Fender Precision... I'm off to college and can't bring with me a bass that I'll worry about so much. One of the best necks I've ever played, black finish shows wear over twenty-seven years of playing (originally owned by the bassist for the punk band Ed Gein's Car - played at CBGB's, recorded with, etc) and other than that it's in good playable shape. With HSC, ashtrays, and is all original except the Hipshot tuner on the E string (original is included) and the thumbrest is a reproduction Allparts thumbrest, but feels broken in and nearly authentic. A few pickguard screws are unoriginal as well.

Pictures are linked below, but imagine this: Black P-Bass, worn through the finish on the top of the forearm cutout, brown HSC with stickers, shows wear but secures bass. Sounds great, plays amazing, and comes complete with ashtrays and everything.

Looking for $1050 shipped OBO or trades for Roscoe Beck V + $, offer other trades but really not looking for much.

Photos available at http://tplyons.com/gallery/pbass

2. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Dude!!! You were so stoked when you got that P...oh well. Good luck selling it!!

3. man I can't believe you're selling it. why don't you just keep that bass at home? i'm sure your parents won't damage it or anything.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was, and I'm gonna miss it, but other than that, my back really can't take four hour gigs with the thing either.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, for one, I'm in debt, I hate being in debt, so I would downgrade my bass and pay off my credit card.

6. ohhh i see. well that makes sense. When I leave for college on Wednesday, i'm gonna bring my MIM P with me (at least until i can get to know my roomate better) and maybe later on ill bring my MIA Deluxe J. Good luck in college btw.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Where are you going to school?

Anyway, I'm bringing my old Ibanez SR400 with me and my Yammie fretless until I get to know my roomie better too.

8. I'm going to Virginia Tech. I'll be studying biochemistry, but hoping to be a part-time rockstar :p .

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm sorry, my bro is down at UVA. Guess that means we can't be friends. :p I also have a friend down there, Jason Adomowitz, if you meet him, tell him you know me and take a picture of his expression for me.

There's one person in line seriously consider and a few more kicking stones around. Anyone else?

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep SMASH this bass is killer, just too heavy for the back. If it doesn't sell I have no problem keeping it. It's a player, just can't do much with it live.

Pictures are in! http://tplyons.com/gallery/pbass

11. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    saw this in the pit as well. i have a 2000 natural p with rosewood board, new skb HSC if you want to trade + $. dont have pics but i can get them easily enough. im still interested if you dont want the trade...

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sorry, the bass is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.