No longer available 1978 Fender Precision - NLA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by IngloriousOz, Jan 19, 2022.

1. IngloriousOz

IngloriousOz Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2006
    SLC, Utah
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    FT - Feeler here, I just got this back in hand a little while ago at the same time I picked up a couple other basses so it's hardly been touched, it's an amazing rig that should be played. This was Juan Alderete's fretted P on the 2011 Mars Volta tours, I actually saw him playing it at Red Rocks when they were opening for Soundgarden, they also did a Rig Rundown video at that show (I'll link below where he briefly discusses it along with one of the original Pedals & Effects videos where he demos it)

When I got it the original neck was a goner, I put a new modern American Standard maple neck on it 7 or 8 years ago and traded it away shortly thereafter. The pickguard was also trashed so that's been replaced by a black 3 ply. It's got a DiMarzio Model P and Nordstrand pickup that was made for him and installed before the associated tours. setup as a VVT w/a 3-way selector like his main fretless 71. Hipshot d-tuner, badass bridge, strung with Rotos. Neck is rock solid and the bass plays like a dream. I don't have the case but can ship in a gig bag.

Open to trades for cool non-G&L/non-FSO 4 string basses, amps, pedals etc and can +/- cash accordingly.

To keep the thread clean: seriously interested folks, please PM with me any questions, trade offers and additional photo requests instead of dropping them below.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    eddiebo, gvbassman, Bogun and 10 others like this.
  2. Kernkamp

Kernkamp Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    I’m sorry, what does non FSO mean? This is a really cool bass.

IngloriousOz likes this.
  3. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Fender Shaped Object :thumbsup:
    GLWYS Oz!

IngloriousOz likes this.
  4. Kernkamp

Kernkamp Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    Bummer. I was going to offer a FSO trade option. I’d love this bass.

IngloriousOz likes this.
  5. Jimmy Hubbard

Jimmy Hubbard Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2017
    North Carolina
    Wow…That’s a killer instrument, and great video clips too

IngloriousOz likes this.
  6. Gasaholic

Gasaholic

Sep 3, 2013
    interested in straight sale?

7. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This thing is a beast! Had the privilege to meet up with Frank Abruzzo owned this very bass, used it to demo a GK Neo 412. It’s the real deal, amazing bass.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022