For Sale 1978 Fender Precision - Walnut & Maple + HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Li De, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Li De

Li De

Jan 31, 2020
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    United States
    Call it Walnut, call it Mocha, call it Trans Midnight Red...whatever you call it, it's absolutely gorgeous in person.

I don't want to sell this bass. It was my first real bass. So many memories, so much resonance with the ash body, original chunky P neck and Badass I bridge. I hardly play it any more, and it deserves a good home.

It's got EMG pickups that I scoffed at and planned on replacing when I bought it, but I'll be damned if they haven't impressed and grown on me. Great growl and punch. Not your thing? Swap 'em out for some overwound Fralins (my original plan) and this thing would sing!

Now, as a 40+ year old bass, it's got some bumps and bruises. Biggest nick in the finish is less than a quarter of a dime in size. The neck has some finish chipped off around the 3rd fret. Frets have plenty of life left and no buzzing.

I'll ship it in a hardshell case, I'm hesitant to call it original, but it definitely vintage-y Fender. It's in great shape, interior plush lining is clean. One latch is a little wonky, but still keeps it closed tight. IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0076.JPG IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0083.JPG IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0095.JPG IMG_0094.JPG

Price: $2000 O.B.O.
    I haven't been in the market for a long time so I'm willing to hear offers. I did a quick glance on here and ebay and priced it accordingly.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    chechunka, Fialka, austin2112 and 2 others like this.
  2. ab2112

ab2112 Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Oh my god. This won't last the weekend. Maybe not even the night.

1960jbass and SLO Surfer like this.
  3. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    tumblr_nlmmvwxUSx1uo6pjyo2_500.gif

4. SSS

SSS

Apr 11, 2005
    nyc
    Pm

5. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    What does it weigh?

chechunka likes this.
  6. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Pmed

7. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    I love the emgs in my P bass!!!!
    The battery last like a year. You can do so much with the tone knob. It has a nice phat tone with no noise whatsoever.

8. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2009
    PM'd

9. ElliottStrong

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Good luck, seller has yet to reply to me and hasn't even been on Talkbass since this ad was posted.

nateh415 and chechunka like this.
  10. Li De

Li De

Jan 31, 2020
    Hello All,

I would like to say that I am sorry to all that were interested previously. I posted this shortly before the pandemic and since that time I have had other priorities and wasn't able to sell this bass.

Now however, I am in a place where I can pack and ship this bass, I hope it's ok that I'm just bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I have done my best to honestly convey all the information I have on this awesome instrument. Since it has not left it's case since the original posting, the pictures are still up to date.

Thank you

makdub likes this.
  11. ElliottStrong

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    weight?

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021