Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1978 Fretless Gibson Ripper f/s

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jazzbass72, Nov 24, 2004.

1. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    1978 Fretless Gibson Ripper Bass in excellent condition for sale, as pictured below (7 more pics available on request). 100% original. Only flaws: the metal bridge cover is missing, and the upper strap knob has been moved from the upper horn to the back (near the neck, ask for pics). Slightly worn original hard shell case included as well. The serial number is 72568XXX, which tells that this bass was made in about August of 1978. It has the highly collectible sunburst finish, which is nearly flawless except for a few minor nicks. Hate to let this beauty go, but I need to buy a new upright bass, so I have no choice.

Selling for $725 (firm, no haggling) plus $40 for UPS or FedEx shipping in the lower 48 states. No international shipments, payment through Paypal only. Serious seller here, check my eBay ID card ("jazzbass72"). Email me privately if interested.

2. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Bump

3. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    One last bump

4. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    This reminds me of the G.A.S. that I've had lately, and the fact that I would snatch this up yesterday - if only it weren't so close to the holidays.

Good luck selling it...

5. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    That bass goes soooooo hard. I wish i had money. :crying:

6. There was someone over at the Dudepit really GASsing for one of these. You may want to check it out...