1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1978 Musicman Stingray Pre Ernie Ball

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pitbill, Jan 26, 2021.

1. pitbill

pitbill Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Selling my 1978 Pre Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray I bought last summer. Had it recently set up and Plek’d by Keith Roscoe to play low and smooth with TI Jazz Flat strings for that Bernard Edwards tone. Includes original case. Excellent playing and sounding vintage Stingray with great tone in the more rare black color. Here are the photos from the website I purchased from since it looks exactly the same and are much better pics than I can take.
    9 lbs, 12 oz.

$2800 plus shipping.... no trades at this time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Man, she's a beaut! You sure that ain't a '79? The sn is on the bridge instead of the neck plate. There could have been '78s like that, I suppose, but I always thought that was indicative. Either way, clean specimen and well worth the asking price. This'll go quick.

3. pitbill

pitbill Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Thank you. Yeah, it’s a 1978. The serial number switched to the bridge in the later part of 1978. Even has the black epoxy dipped preamp like the early years had.

Attached Files:

maxschrek likes this.
  4. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Yep, if it has the epoxy pre it's a '78. Killer bass.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021