1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1979 Aria Pro 2 Sb1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spook68, Mar 1, 2014.

1. spook68

spook68

Mar 1, 2014
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, but I just have a question that has been bugging me ands I was hoping someone could help please.
    I have an Aria Pro 2 Sb1000 ( 1979 ), and out of pure curiosity I was wondering if theres a way to find out how many owners my bass has had, or where in the world she's travelled to. For a vintage guitar like this, it would of been great to have some sort of register, which I assume does not exist.
    Hey, maybes we could start one :)

2. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
  3. DogBone

DogBone

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Welcome to Talkbass.

Nice bass, I had an old Aria Pro II back in the day.

Not an SB unfortunately, although I did swerve back and forth between a new SB (around $500 if I remember) and a new Rickenbacker 4003 ($750), this was in the mid '80s.

I went with the Ric, it was a GAS thing. Sorta wish I wish I went the other way as me and the Ric never clicked like I had hoped.

Good luck, there are good folks in the Aria Club that can help.

4. spook68

spook68

Mar 1, 2014
    Thanks, I have stuck a post on that thread. From what I remember the seller saying, this bass has been through the hands of 2 or 3 members of this forum in the past.
    One thing I was surprised at was how heavy she is.