SOLD 1979 Fender Jazz Bass All Original

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sharpbass, Jul 24, 2018.

1. sharpbass

sharpbass

Oct 4, 2011
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here is a 1979 Fender Jazz
    ash/maple
    Right around 9.5 lbs on a home scale
    I believe it's all original. I could only see one pot code in full, as the others are covered in solder, but the visible code dates to the 49th week of '78. The pickups were both covered in the original foam that had turned to a sticky tar, once removed they both date to '79 and new foam added. The old foam was not allowing for pickup height adjustment anymore. The pickguard has a sticker that matches the serial number, but I forgot to take a pic of it, if you are really interested and that's a concern for you I will take it back off, but I'd rather not as the more it's taken apart the more wear is put on the screw holes on these old basses. Let me know if there are other pics you'd like to see.

It plays very nicely and is set up with medium-low action and doesn't buzz.
    Everything works as it should.
    Comes in an old green/brown leather Fender case, but I don't think it's original to this bass.

A0E1BC7C-A16E-46E0-A703-678A5B663A01.jpeg 57236EB3-2988-4434-BFDC-CF369D01033A.jpeg 91130604-083D-43B9-85DD-0B4BF4BAA91D.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    R&B, Brandon Jones, imdkoz and 3 others like this.
  2. sharpbass

sharpbass

Oct 4, 2011
    Pics

Attached Files:

Jeffrey A-Bomb, filipetk, R&B and 4 others like this.
  3. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Great looking bass! The 70s maple neck with white blocks is my favorite Fender neck of all time. I’ve just never been a fan of natural bodies. GLWS!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021