For Sale 1979 Fender Precision Bass USA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wallerdub, May 4, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    1979 Fender Precision Bass S909619

I'm parting with my Precision bass because i don't play it any longer and it deserves some love.

This bass plays very well and has a new set of DR Pure Blues med. strings, a brass nut and Leo Quan Badass Bass II bridge. It has a solid maple neck with Black body and pick guard, and the frets are in great condition for its age. Ive personally gone through the electronics, which are original, and simply added 2 small strips of copper tape behind the pickup, replaced the foam underneath the pickup and installed new pickup mounting screws, in addition to some very slight truss rod adjustments, it now plays like a dream. Normal wear and tear marks, nothing huge.

If you would like to see more pictures or play it in person, contact me and we can set that up.

please no lowball offers, only serious inquires.
    IMG_7791.JPG IMG_7793.JPG

thanks for looking.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have a '78 and it's the best P I've heard and this one looks really nice. If you're looking for that "P" bass sound these babies have it and the bonus is the fact that it will continue to appreciate in value.

jondiener likes this.
  3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Hmmm.... sweet. Do you happen to have the original pickguard and original bridge?

4. I do not have the original bridge, although the pick guard and electronics are original. Thanks for looking!

5. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    The original pickguard would have two holes for the thumbrest, and an extra screw above the pickups. ;-), unless this is one of the '82 basses with a '78 or '79 serial decal.

6. You're Correct, the pickguard is aftermarket because it is missing the holes for the thumbrest, but the electronics are original. the wholes for the thumbrest are present underneath the pickguard, sorry for the confusion

7. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    No problem!

8. *BUMP* make me an offer!

9. price drop bump $1950

10. Price drop bump $1700 OBO

11. price drop bump 1600

12. bueller?

13. rerrak

rerrak

Feb 1, 2021
    Is this still an active listing?

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021