SOLD 1979 Guild B-302A

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vanderbrook, Dec 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. vanderbrook

vanderbrook Some days, I miss frets... Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Price:
    950 ship'd
    Strings:
    Purchased October, 2015 from a seller in Oregon. I had one of these, brand new, as a senior in high school, but sold it, mint, somewhere in the 1990s. Decided I wanted it back. Got it ...but now afflicted with GAS for an upright, so this rare bird must go.

This bass is not mint, but it's in very good condition overall. The neck is straight, the truss rod works properly as do the tuners; the original electronics are flawless. There is considerable finish checking, and a very small chip in the polyurethane adjacent to the PG -- see photos. I've had the bass checked over by a certified luthier, who confirms it's in very good condition, but he says it will need frets eventually. Just when depends, of course, on how, and how often you play it.

This thing is built like a tank; my bathroom scale says 10.4 pounds. Also useful as a bludgeon, if need be. Disclosure: I hear something of a "flanger/chorus effect" on most notes on the G string above the Db, and lowering the pickups has not resolved this. This may or may not be an issue for you.

It's wearing new Chromes, and will ship in the OHSC, which is a bit rough on the outside, but quite functional. $950 shipped in the CONUS. PayPal OK. Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions.

B-302A-FullFrontal_zps2sbcjyjg.jpg

B-302A-HeadFront_zps9tbst7zl.jpg

B-302A-HeadBack_zps5o4ovhzf.jpg

B-302A-Checking_zpsdsxfgedb.jpg

B-302A-Checking2_zpssf21cw61.jpg

B-302A-Chip_zps0ibhdwk7.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    NYCBass likes this.
  2. Pm'd!

3. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Bought a white one new in 82 somewhere in Denver. My favorite bass till I got a Stingray. Miss them both.

4. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    It is undeniably a tone monster.

Ricky Caboverde and tuci77 like this.
  5. tuci77

tuci77 BASSment Boutique

May 12, 2013
    New York
    Nice, I have a '78 B-302 S and it's my FAVORITE !! GLWTS

6. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021