1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1979 Pre Ernie Ball Sabre Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by D Bopp, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm letting go my 79 Sabre bass. It's all original and comes with OHSC. The neck is fantastic and pickups sound incredible. You get a much wider tone selection than with the Stingray. There are some wear spots in the finish and checking marks. Let me know if you have any questions. Asking $1900 shipped. PRICE LOWERED $1750 SHIPPED

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I am trying to pick my jaw off of the ground. I just bought a dead mint 79/80 fretless Sabre. This would make a perfect match. Damn home rennovations.

Free bump. This will make some one REALLY happy.

RBM

3. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    PM Sent

4. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    It truly is a fantastic bass.

5. Word.

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow that is nice. I've never been a huge EB/MM fan but if I had to get one, this would be the one to get. Love the double pickups.

7. Do you have more pics? Some high resolution versions of the above and maybe showing close ups of the wear spots? Also, what's the condition on the frets? Are there any marks or scratches on the back of the neck? Is the neck straight or does it have any bumps?

8. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Evening bump

9. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    make me an offer. It's going on eBay this weekend if there is no more interest here

10. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    PM'd

11. That is a beautiful bass. A serious rock machine.

12. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    On hold, pending payment

13. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    oh this is mine... oh yes.

Ya hear that footie????

14. I own the very same bass (year, sunburst, alder body, etc.) with the exception that mine's neck is stock fretless ebony fingerboard. Everything else matches this bass.

I have held on to this bass since 1989, for the simple reason it is absolutely KILLER!! top notch quality, huge sound

I have owned 2 Laklands, 1 EB MM, and tried many G&L's ... Let me tell you, that 1980 Sabre will cook them for breakfast!

4 string players don't pass this opportunity, cause these are super rare in that great of a condition

15. RiddimKing

RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    Atrapp: Congrats! Welcome to the Sabre Club. It's a very, very bad addiction.

16. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Bass is a problem... one or two more and I'll be able to play a different bass every day of the month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.