Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1979 traynor YBA-1 Bass master

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve_man, Jul 15, 2002.

1. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Hey guys I'm about to sell this amp and i'm wondering about a good asking price.

For those of you who know the specs of this amp
    It is still in great working condition. And i have it kept in shape by my amp tech. Put new power amp tubes in it about 8 months ago. Has a few dings and hasn't given me any problems except for before i last put new tubes in it (bad hum and sometime shut off)

For those of you who don't know the amp it has 2 6CA7s/6L6's/EL34's and 3 12ax7's, a massive Hammond transformer. Sounds like a fender bassman
    in the lower volumes and over all a Marshall Hiwatt tone. At least that is the tone I've read. To me this amp induces some pretty good classic groove tunes!

Oh ya She's BUILT LIKE A TANK!
    I've had her for 5 years and she's only been serviced I think 3 times!

The reason I'm getting rid of her is because she doesn't give enough power for my current situation

2. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    and that's in american currency?

3. Is saw Pete traynor throw a YBA-1 off a roof top, replace the tubes and fire it up no problem. Don't think you could do that with a Peavey....
    :D

4. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    traynor is low quaility?
    ahhhh I think not!
    lol i love traynor amps
    I love em alot!
    my uncle has an old one..
    Ive seen the reissued ones i think..(god they got some awesome looking covors for the cabs that ive seen)
    well they sound decent not as good as they used to be.. but you can say that about any amp now though.. look at marshall =(

5. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I'm on the east coast of canada

yorkville stuff is alright in popularity around town. peavey is very popular!

Is saw Pete traynor throw a YBA-1 off a roof top, replace the tubes and fire it up no problem.

I know what u're talking about!!!
    I don't abuse my amp or nothin' but the maitenence has been really low.

I could see this thing being strapped on to a crane and used as a wrecking ball.
    Built like a tank!
    :D

I'm thinking about asking $500 canadian
    that would be about $335 american

6. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    this was one of the things I had currently thought of so i'll give it a shot

thanks

7. I gig with My Traynor YBA 1. It sounds real nice for the resturant gigs. I'm planning on using it Friday. I love the sound I get when I just begin to push it. And yes it is built tough. Phsyco I just got an Ambeg B25 in a dusty heap I'll fire it up tonite to see what it needs. I'll probably write up a psot to share the results. hmm 7027 7199 ??
    Rock on Benton