1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1980 (1st yr.) G&L L 1000 (Wunkay)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, Apr 26, 2015.

1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    I've bought two more basses since I got this L1K, and something has to go. Here's a link to previous owner's post, with great pics:
    SOLD - 1980 G&L L1000 Wunky | TalkBass.com

It's exactly the same as when I got the bass. A nine-pounder in a Wunkay, and first-year model to boot, is pretty rare. Smoke-free and pet-free home. Selling only in the COMUS, Paypal preferred. No trades please.

2. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    For the uninitiated, this is a piece of history and a great bass. Leo Fender created this one, and the very early year models have the "Pre-Lawsuit" headstock that had to be changed after Fender objected to it. It's a passive bass with HUGE sound, especially when you flip the 3-way toggle switch to the "OMG" mode. It will cause objects to vibrate and move off tables, hanging pictures to fall, and more.

3. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    glwts, smoke free is the way to go, my 83 L2k was so bad it gave me nicotine buzz

rbeck47 likes this.
  4. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    PM'ed.

5. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    PM

6. rbeck47