1980 Aria Pro II PE-600 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stasia, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Stasia

Stasia

Jun 5, 2018
    Boise, Idaho
    IMG_4422.jpg MORE IMAGES: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vALJtc04853fT5H23

I'm a newbie here. My mother-in-law is a classical guitar player and teacher. She acquired many guitars over the years including this Aria Pro II, which she has just given to my son, "to learn to play or sell" – since he is not musically inclined, he wants to sell.

My research indicates this guitar is a 1980 Aria Pro II PE-600, but I would greatly appreciate confirmation and comments regarding details about this model and about this guitar in particular. For example, I have not been able to find photos online of a guitar with a similar wood-grain pattern, which I find absolutely gorgeous!

I'm also curious to know what it means when the following text is printed on the head stock of an Aria guitar:

Designed & Approved by H. Noble
    Original Custom Body P.No. 555719
    A Product of MatSumoku. 4 11 N.M.

The photos include close ups of the dings and scratches, which seem minimal to me. My amateur impression of this guitar is that it is in excellent condition.
    Comments? THANKS for any and all replies!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Hi, and welcome to TalkBass. What you have there is an electric guitar, not a bass. As such, there are other forums that would be more likely to be able to answer your questions.

However, I can tell you that Matsumoku was a well respected Japanese maker of guitars and basses. If the guitar is in decent condition your son will be able to find a buyer.

3. Stasia

Stasia

Jun 5, 2018
    Boise, Idaho
    Ha, Ha! As an amateur identifying electric guitars, I've got a long way to go. Thanks for the redirect...