1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1980 Aria Pro II SB1000 SuperBass EXC w/Upgraded Pickup/Module plus Original Pickup-Sweet!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ricksvintage, Jan 12, 2018.

1. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Supporting Member Commercial User

Price:
    Strings:
    Purchased another Bass today so now the SB1000 is only for sale( or, at least $700 plus partial trade, maybe a MIJ Squire P Bass or similar)

FREE Shipping to the East Coast added, West Coast guys will have to add a few bucks.

1980 Aria Pro II SB1000 SuperBass EXC w/Upgraded Pickup/ Module and Original Pickup/Module included-Sweet! Extra Preamp included.

Batwing Headstock and Gorgeous Figured Oak Body.

This may be the cleanest and Best sounding SB1000's that I've ever seen or played, REALLY nails the John Taylor tone! I'm the 2nd owner.

Has 1 tiny little ding and some finish wear along the outside edges of the fretboard. Frets are near perfect.

Pickup and Module were upgraded to a Reed James Custom Wound Zebrawood which definitely gives the bass more Midrange Punch and Low end and much more variety with the 6 way switch.( $250 installed ) Original pickup included, not sure if it works or not.

Just a Killer '80's Bass, Super High Quality, and kinda Rare. Will ship via Fedex with the Original case
    ( case is in decent structural shape except for 2 broken latches )

Feel Free to call me with any questions, thanks!

Rick
    727-735-5350

DSC_1211.JPG DSC_1212.JPG DSC_1213.JPG DSC_1214.JPG DSC_1215.JPG DSC_1216.JPG DSC_1217.JPG DSC_1218.JPG DSC_1219.JPG DSC_1221.JPG DSC_1222.JPG DSC_1223.JPG DSC_1224.JPG SB-1000 red.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    bassbooty, Jaymi, slugger and 5 others like this.
  2. ricksvintage

3. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Stillwater, New Jersey
    How many times can I hit the like button? drool

4. lowdbass

lowdbass Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Indianapolis In
    Is the SB1000 still available?

5. ricksvintage

Yes, the SB1000 is still available, feel free to call me at 727-735-5350 or direct email at ricksvintage@yahoo.com :)

6. ricksvintage

Purchased another Bass today so now the SB1000 is only for sale( or, at least $700 plus partial trade, maybe a MIJ Squire P Bass or similar)

7. ricksvintage

On Reverb now, buy it here for $200 less:hyper:

8. Mbass718

Mbass718

May 14, 2017
    Do you know how much it weighs?

9. ricksvintage

It weighs around 9.5 - 10 lbs per my bath scale, doesn't feel heavy on the strap because it'e perfectly balanced.

10. ricksvintage

Yep, just weighed it on a digital scale, 9.75 lbs, on the light side for these basses:hyper:

11. Mbass718

Mbass718

May 14, 2017
    Ok thanks. I appreciate you letting me know. Unfortunately it's too heavy for me. My neck wouldn't be able to handle the weight. If I was able I'd just keep my old Yamaha BB3000s cause it sounds so good. If you have anything else moderately priced that's below 6 pounds maybe 7lbs..please let me know.

12. ricksvintage

SOLD!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  13. ricksvintage

SOLD!!!!!!