Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1980 Fender Precision Special Cheap!!!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Walbassman, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    :eyebrow: I got this bass a couple of months ago and need to fund another RIC so here it is...

1980 Black refin'd P Special. Has all the gold hardware intact, comes with a hipshot already on the bass. originally, the bass was lake placid blue and someone along the way did the refin. Since the headstock on these basses were painted to match the body, it was also painted black. If you hold it in the light a certain way, the Fender logo can be seen under the black. It has a rosewood board and is probably the straightest Fender I have ever played. The electronics are all fully functional and it has a nice tone to it.

The bass itself weighs a bit, as most if not all of them do. It has Dunlop straplocks (like Warwick style) in the body. I really like the tone of this bass but I need the Rick more so I am looking for $475.00 shipped to your door Fedex. There is no case or bag but it will be packed VERY well. This is what happens when you step into GAS land and buy something before selling what you need to sell. I do not have pix of it yet but email me and I can give you the ultra anal hands on description of the bass. if you like a solid P bass for not much money, this is the way to go...

2. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    i am camera challenged, but i can give a hands on to any one who is interested. I need to pay for a Rick.