1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1980 Vantage (Matsumoku) - new lower price

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by the art guy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    New thread; lower price. Run any potential trades by me (don't really know what I'm looking for), or sale price is now $230 plus actual shipping.

Here's a nice Vantage (Matsumoku) bass that I think is from the early '80s. If anyone can chip in with some exact model info, I'd appreciate it.

Overall good condition, with a normal amount of small dings in the body of course. Strap button has been relocated slightly. Very playable as is (intonation is actually pretty good), although it could use a setup to your taste. Action is what I would call medium right now (but I like mine really low).

Nut width is between 1 1/2 and 1 5/8 (so I'd call it 1 9/16, I guess). Medium scale (32"). Bathroom scale method makes it look like about 9 to 9 1/2 pounds. It has a small finish crack near the neck joint, but it doesn't go into the wood.

Thanks for looking!

vantage1.jpg

2. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    vantagebody.jpg

vantageneckplate.jpg

3. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Make me a good offer - looking for some cash!

4. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    bump for wednesday - looking for any offers....?

5. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    How would you compare the tone to a standard P bass?

6. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Good question - tone is always subjective depending on your ears of course, but to me it sounds pretty P-bass-like. The pickup is pretty similar to the old Dimarzios, so it may have a little more of that kind of "hot" sound?

7. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    bump - will take $260 shipped to lower 48.

8. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    considering a couple of potential trade offers....but still listening to others. or cash offers.

9. pasmagnan

pasmagnan

Sep 16, 2010
    Granby, Quebec
    Your Vantage is a VS600B. Take a look at the bridge, I've bought with that kind of bridge and it was broken.

If you we're living near my home (Montreal, Quebec) I will be really interesting by your bass for a trade. It's really a good instrument for the price.

10. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    thanks - appreciate the info and the kind words.

11. tyberta

tyberta

Dec 29, 2009
    Springfield mo
    Yamaha BBG5S to trade?

12. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    No thanks - appreciate the offer though. Preference to cash sale or cash + trade of some kind (I only play 4 strings). Could maybe use a good compressor. Keep the offers coming!

13. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Looked like this was sold a few days ago, but buyer seems to have disappeared. So it's back to the top I guess.

14. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    BUMP.......

15. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    since this is still just taking up space in my music room, i think it deserves a bump with a lower price. now $230 shipped! great deal!

16. basstones

basstones Supporting Member

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX
    pm'ed

17. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    SOLD. Thanks!

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021