1980s Ibanez Roadstar RB850 wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Pep, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I have a 1980s Ibanez Roadstar RB850 that I purchased new. It was refinished back in the late 90s. I’m in the process of doing another finish and when I opened up the control cavity I was shocked at the wiring and how crappy the job was done by the last tech that worked on it.
    The volume and tone controls have push switches. I believe they switch the humbuckers from single to dual coil.
    They do not work.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find a wiring diagram to put this back into original condition?

Thanks in advance!

2. LaFaro01

LaFaro01

Aug 27, 2018
    Perhaps you should put your question to the Bass Guitar Part of Talkbass here or there?!? This is the Double Bass Section and I presume, that there is no Ibanez Roadstar Double Bass ;)

3. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    User by the name of Cadfael once put together a decent pdf of bass wiring schematics. You can find a link to the pdf at the very bottom of this page. Ibanez RB-850 on page 232.

4. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    Abner likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021