1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1980's USA Fender jazz info wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mav, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    I have the oppertunity to buy an 80's jazz and would like some info. Have been searching TB but cant seem to find much about made in USA 80's Jazz basses. The bass is in a shop so no pics at this time. It does have an E serial number. 80's MIA Fenders seem to have a bad wrap. Are they really that bad?

2. Splods

Splods

Oct 7, 2012
    Adelaide, SA
    Pics really help.

3. A local bass player has a black 80's.. white pickups and a one peice white scratchplate with white knobs...it works for me!!!

4. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    Sorry, no pics as yet. It's not the solid pick gard, it has the f capped vvt controls and and the smaller f stamped tuners. I'm more after broad opinions.

5. billgwx

billgwx

Apr 10, 2009
    Centereach NY
    MIA or MIJ? I can speak first-hand for late 80s/early 90's MIJ's which are fantastic.

6. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Good and/or bad... you really need to get your hands on it.

Probably heavy.

7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Most 80's Fenders are very decent, IME. As mentioned earlier, it's probably heavy. Especially if it's an early 80's model.