1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1981 G&L L-1000 for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crgaston, Jul 30, 2007.

1. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hi guys,
    This is my first for sale post here, but i've been pretty active on the alembic forum for a while under the same username. Anyway, my custom Alembic recently arrived, and I need to make some room. This is a spectacular instrument that I'm just not going to play, and don't see hanging on to it, even though I'll kick myself for it in about 3 years when it turns 30 and the value skyrockets.

It's a nice one, blue with a maple board, serial number B0027xx, which should date to early 1981. I haven't had the neck off, though. Frets are good. No major dings or finish wear, but there is some light catalyzing on the back from where it lay up against a nylon strap for a while. If you'd like to see that, just email me and I'll send you some bigger pics. This in no way detracts from the total awesomeness of this instrument. 750.00 *including shipping*. Comes in a non-original G&L case.
    More pics available on request...email me at trw66118@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

doxcoke likes this.
  2. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Here are the marks on the back. They're the two parallel lines in the first pic. As you can see, it varies depending on the angle.

Attached Files:

• c.
      c.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
    • d.
      d.jpg
      File size:
      16.3 KB
      Views:
  3. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    2 more...

Attached Files:

• e.
      e.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
    • f.
      f.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  4. RiddimKing

RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    Cool bass. Good price.

5. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Very tempting!! I have a gas problem and need help.

6. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    that thing looks sweet! and its the same year i was born :)

7. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    What is the body wood? Weight?

Thanks,
    Michael

8. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Michael, I'm guessing alder, and the weight, as far as I can tell with my bathroom scale, is around 9 lbs. Definitely not bad, but not a flyweight either.

C'mon, guys, a 27 year old real deal 4 digit serial number G&L with the most versatile passive electronics you can imagine, all for less than a brand new American P-Bass? This is one instrument that you KNOW will be going up in value SOON. Even if you take this one out and gig it hard for the next 3 years, you'll be able to at least get your money back out of it.

9. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    I can't really justify another one right now, but I can testify that these are incredible basses. This one has the slot pole pickups, too. It's gonna make somebody happy!

10. RiddimKing

RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    I'd be on this one, but I recently picked up a tobacco burst 81 L-1000 and can't afford another purchase. FWIW, I paid $900 for it and felt (and still feel) I got a good deal. Someone's gonna really dig this bass... Bump.

11. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Bumpalicious!

12. crgaston

crgaston

Dec 23, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Shipping is now included!

13. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    LOL...They didn't have electric basses when I was born.

14. Cheers to the resurrection of an eight year old ad !!!! Great bass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    So the big question. Did this ever sell?