SOLD 1981 G&L L-1000 Wunkay Slot Pole/ Ebony/ Ash/ OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by El Tookay, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    1981 G&L L-1000, aka Wunkay, 100% original, ebony board, ash body, natural finish, chrome plates, smooth black bridge, neck date is November 81, original case w/ brown fur lining, currently wearing Slinkys. Original finish with a few dents and chips, no belt rash, some mild weather checking, as it came to me from Colorado, neck is smooth and unblemished, frets have never been touched, I've kept this one with medium action, neck profile is very 63 Precison, 1-3/4 at the nut, but thin around the back, truss rod is fully functional, electronics are perfect and untouched, still has the original strap buttons. Weighs in at roughly 10-1/2 lbs.

This is an excellent example of an original slot-pole L-1000, and the only reason I would sell it is to acquire a certain vintage beast I have been lusting after for a while. Yes, both my 81 E's can do what the Wunkay does, but there's something more...I dunno, maybe pure and organic, that the Wunkay does better. A well-cared-for player with a big, big voice. Case has seen action, one latch missing the spring, but all there and fully functional.

Asking 1100.00 shipped anywhere in Canada/ US 49, bruddahs in HI, I'll work with ya.

More pic's to follow....

Attached Files:

2. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    more...

Attached Files:

3. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    and more....

Attached Files:

4. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Where is it shipping from?

5. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Any interest in a 75 natural reissue ad a trade?

6. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Ships from the 'burbs of Vancouver, B.C., Canada, but for the right deal, I can ship from 98230. For the record, there are no customs hassles or duties/ taxes shipping instruments built in USA, Canada or Mexico across the borders of those countries. Thank you NAFTA, thank you Mr. Clinton!

This one is a FS at the moment, but if I open it up to trades, I'll be sure to pm you. Thanks for your offer, Cheers!

7. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    wow---I bet this bass is SICK!!!

8. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Big, bad and blonde.....bump

9. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Well, thank you! ;)

10. solidmaui78

solidmaui78

May 30, 2011
    Nice L1000 :) I love My Wunkay:bassist:
    Bump for an awesome bass

11. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    pm's answered.

12. Sent PM

13. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Serious interest.....

14. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Still available. I'm more in need of cash for this one, but if someone had, say ....a G&L Interceptor with a Kahler vibrato as trade bait......:eek:

15. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    bump'd.....

Broke my own rule about selling basses- once you decide they're on the block, don't play them.....:scowl:

Damn, having second thoughts....Wunkay through 1200 watts of Genz class D.......:eek::eek::eek:

16. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nope. Can't do it....

......where the hell am I gonna find one that sounds this good again?

Closed.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.