SOLD 1981 Rickenbacker 4001 Mapleglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by csala, Dec 10, 2016.

1. csala

csala Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    Price:
    Strings:
    I had this up for trade recently, couldn't find anything that would pull me from this bass, but I recently purchased what I was looking for so this is now for sale only. Priced to sell fast, too.

The bass is in excellent condition, has a few minor upgrades, but if you want to make it all original it'll take you about 20 minutes. I installed a bezel with a thumb rest on the bridge pickup, but the original pickup cover is included. It also has a 4003 bridge on now, but the original, fully functional bridge is included. I'll throw in a stereo "Y" cable so you can use the Rick-o-Sound feature, which is lots of fun. Original case, also in excellent condition, is included.

Recently set up at TruTone music in Santa Monica with nice, low action. The neck is thin for a Ric, and it plays like butter. Nice and light at under 9lbs.

The pics should do most of the talking, but if you have any questions let me know. I also have this listed locally and on the 'bay, so if you've been thinking about a nice vintage Ric you might want to jump on this one at $1500. Just sayin'. Shipping is $50, and I'll ship to the lower 48 only.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. csala

csala Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    Sold pending payment.,.