1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1981 Wal Pro Bass - The Last one!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mgauction, Aug 10, 2018.

1. mgauction

mgauction Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Price:
    $6500
    Strings:
    This was the very last Pro model made and originators Ian Waller & Pete Stevens made sure this one went out in a bang. PB 1859 manufactured in 1981 (see image of Pete Stevens handwritten note in the cavity). Paduak wood with 14 piece laminated body/spacings. Pete only made about six I think in this configuration. It is made up of 39 separate pieces of wood. Mahogany core, 11 centre lines on both sides =22, 4 bookmatched padauk faces (as normal) 3 sandwich cores under each face=12. TOTAL 39. The fret dots are a very good quality oyster shell with some great colors. I don’t know if Paul Herman at Wal would even consider making one like this now. The bass has amazing sustain. The string tree has been changed at some point from the normal pro bass A/D to the full one. Electronics are working well. Good Wal history with original case. Shipping $80 domestic. Very good to Excellent condition.

IMG_3002. IMG_3003. IMG_3004. IMG_3005. IMG_3006. IMG_3007. IMG_3008. IMG_3009. IMG_3011. IMG_3012.

2. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    My God that thing is amazing! I wish it were a fretless. Good luck with the sale.

3. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    I need to start a "Go Fund Me", so I can buy this.

Reason? Make one up.

Primakurtz and Mechanical like this.
  4. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    Boston
    Sweet. Droooooool drooldrooldrool

5. mgauction

mgauction Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Thank you!