1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1982 Fender '57 Precision Reissue - Candy Apple Red - NY/NJ/CT/?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by christopherogut, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Price:
    $2200
    Strings:
    For sale, a 1982 Fender '57 Reissue Precision bass, made in Fullerton, CA. Candy apple red over two-tone sunburst, gold anodized pickguard, serial number V009444. A rare bird. Raised A-pole pickups, gorgeous maple neck with nice grain and some birdseyes, frets in excellent condition with tons of life left. To my knowledge it's all original except for the pickup and bridge covers: I snagged a '60s pickup cover and a '70s bridge cover for some authentic mojo to complete the look.

Includes a period-correct Fender tweed case with duckfoot, user's manual, warranty card, 1982 Fender catalog, and a vintage straight-logo Fender strap with brass rivets and leather ends. I also snagged two pots from '82 as future backups that I will include. Currently strung with a fresh set of D'Addario medium-gauge strings though I'm forgetting if they're nickel or steel, nice low action, ready to rock.

I love this bass. Tons of sustain, incredible tone, and purty, too. It pains me to write this ad and part with something so gorgeous. Sadly I haven't been using it much lately or playing out, prefer thinner Jazz necks, and wouldn't mind having some money in the bank. Looking to get (EDIT) $2200 cash in a local transaction. I'll open this up to shipping by offering it up at $2275 shipped in the 48 States. I don't want to do PayPal and would rather wait for a personal check, bank check, or money orders to clear. No trades, either, sorry.

I'm in Vernon, NJ, zip code 07462. I don't mind doing some driving to meet with someone who would like to give this bass a good home... PM me if interested. Thanks!

EDIT: SOLD to sandwich5027!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Here are some older pictures... the pickup and bridge covers have since been swapped out and there may be a hint less wear in these pictures...

EDIT: removed pictures...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    rgvbajo likes this.
  3. bump!

4. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Beauty! My Duck Dunn signature P Bass wishes it looked this cool!

5. thanks! bump...

6. chris merrill

chris merrill Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist for: GHS Strings, Lakland Basses
    What happened to the finish on the arm scarf?

7. I believe it was caused by a sticker... there's a rectangular shape to it overall and there is what looks to be sticker residue in other spots on the bass (like on the upper horn). I've had several CAR Fenders and the red seems all too happy to separate from the shoreline gold underneath it...

chris merrill likes this.
  8. shrigg

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Perhaps CAR is the only case where durable poly would be preferred?

9. I prefer the mojo!

10. shrigg

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Good point!

11. bump!

12. veebass

veebass

Mar 27, 2014
    Australia
    Glorious basses these Fullerton 57s! I have a White over ash 82 57 RI with a slightly lower serial.
    Great necks- soft V profile and a lovely wide flat board.
    You don't mention the weight? They are usually very light and resonant.
    GLWTS.

13. Good point. I've never weighed it but it has to be right around 8lbs. Noticeably light, but like you said, some serious resonance/sustain. To anyone interested, I'll weigh it at work next week and update the thread.

14. veebass

veebass

Mar 27, 2014
    Australia
    ^ Wouldn't be surprised, mine is a little under 8 lbs without covers.

15. Back from vacation bump, don't be afraid to shoot me a realistic offer if you're interested! I think it might be time to post it to Reverb.com for some more exposure...

16. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Any interest in a brand new Xotic? 0574_XJ1T_4st_WalnutBlond. 0574_XJ1T_4st_WalnutBlond_body.

17. Intriguing, but at this point I'm still interested in an outright sale only. Thanks though!

18. ElliottStrong

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Well, let me know if you change your mind. In this economy, I find its best to trade for something equal value rather than take a loss on a cash sale

19. ElliottStrong

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Still no?

20. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been on another vacation. At this point, I'm still looking for a cash sale instead of a trade... but if that changes and I find myself fancying an Xotic I'll certainly give you a shout!

bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.