1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1982 fender Japan pbass,squire series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by royds, Mar 13, 2013.

1. royds

royds

Jan 26, 2013
    Edinburgh
    I have a lovely fender precision bass built in Japan in 1982, I know this because when I removed the neck there was the date, written in pencil, on the bottom off it.
    When I bought it, nearly 20years ago, it was in a bit off a mess with rusty hardware, a dodgy loose truss rod and wiring issues, I did fall in love when I first seen it however. It was going for £450, reduced from £550, and managed to haggle the man down to £380 and got a gig bag chucked in.
    When I taken her home I noticed it had quite a low serial number,jv01376 , anyhow I managed to get the neck straight, removed pretty much all the rust and sorted the dodgy wiring.
    After a new set of strings were put on with the in-tonation and action set up, it turned out to be better than I ever thought,When playing it unplugged it sounds loud, bright and clear and when plugged in it responds amazingly! This is the best thing I have bought in my life, I think?, and I am interested to hear from any other folk who have an early Japanese fender to hear about what they think, in sure in not alone.