1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1982 Fender Precision Bass-Extremly Light Weight-Maple Fretboard-Fullerton Made

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strings:
    Fantastic P Bass, I haven't used it lately and I feel it's being wasted sitting around. In the early 80s Fender made a huge turn around compared to the 70s.The crazy thing is people will jump all over a 1979 P bass while these sit, just because they want that "seventies bass" over a eighties one.

I was told it is 100% all original but I am not a authority on these years of Fenders. It all looks correct including the 3 screw bridge, but if you would like photos of the pickup and pots I can do this. Its in good shape, minor player wear and you can see a small mark/chip on the front of the tip of the headstock. I am the 3rd owner of this. The bass for this age is very clean. The body has no chips, no missing finish and no real dings to speak of. Just light scratching thats going to show up on any black bass a year or older thats been used. The neck is in good shape. The back of it is super clean,the frets are in good shape and the bottom edge of the neck is missing finish under the G string from just being played for a long time, broken in and feels good. You can tell its been played a lot but well taken care of and thats my favorite. The action is great, it plays really nice and its a true example of fender getting its act together. A nice tight neck pocket and a super low weight.

This bass comes with the tolex fender case in the photo and both the original white pick guard and the official 62 reissue fender tortoise shell one that is in the photo. I will also include strap locks.

I would like $1100 shipped for this, a cool buck fifty less then a new standard.

Please ask any and all questions.

I used a berkley fish scale that requires you to hang the bass, I was told this is a good scale by a few folks here but its never dead on.

Weighed it 4 times,

First time 8 pounds 8 ounces so 8 1/2
    Second 8 pounds 7 ounces
    Third 8 pounds 6 ounces
    Fourth 8 pounds 7 ounces

so right around 8.5 pounds, and to be honest having owned 4-5 from this era and 4-5 from the light 70s this is the lightest of the bunch.

This was with the tort guard and schaller lock buttons on it, it maybe a little less with the white guard and stock strap pins which are in the case pocket.

Absolutely no trades, sorry but no and please dont message me with some in hopes, if I had the space I would be keeping this one.
    $_57 (58).JPG
    $_57 (59).JPG $_57 (60).JPG
    $_57 (61).JPG $_57 (62).JPG $_57 (63).JPG $_57 (64).JPG

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    bluesdogblues likes this.
  2. These early 80s Fullertons are really, really nice folks, somebody better grab this at that price.

BTW - With the maple board I'd slap an anodized PG on it to give it the 50s vibe.

3. Might I suppose that's an 1-1/2" nut? And let me be the one to ask: weight?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  4. Thanks guys and yes I think anodized gold would look better then tort, black and maple with tort seems a little off.

It is a 1 5/8 nut like a current american standard. I am doing out of town work but will be home for the weekend, as soon as I get unpacked I will weigh this and post it here Friday night.

5. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    This is a Lovely bass (and guitar in the pic :D )...Wish you luck for the sale

6. Granny1089

Granny1089

Oct 15, 2012
    Saskatoon, SK
    Any interest in a trade for a Kinal

7. Thanks for the kind words guys.

No trades please, I move in 28 days and the less I have to bring the better.

8. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Have it shipped to your be address. Lol

9. weight posted in original post

10. bump

11. uptowndirt

uptowndirt

Feb 16, 2008
    Canada